The Farm is a little off the beaten path, and there is likely going to be some driving involved. We’re working on arranging for a shuttle service between La Crosse and Ferryville with stops at points in-between, and we’ll keep everyone posted on if that comes to fruition.
Those coming from afar have some options about where to fly. The geographically closest major airports are La Crosse, Madison, and Minneapolis, though that order is not indicative of price. La Crosse is 38 miles from the Farm, but is not the least expensive flight option. These are some of the things to keep in mind when making your travel arrangements.
We recommend that you invest a wee bit more to purchase refundable tickets, since Robin’s health will ultimately determine if we are indeed able to hold our wedding festivities at Buck Creek farm over Labor Day weekend. We truly appreciate you doing this. Regardless of a change in location (which no longer seems likely as of this June 1 posting), we will be married on Sept. 2! Should it be necessary to relocate the event to Chicago, we are prepared to do that, and will inform you of that as soon as we are aware that we need to make that change. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding as life throws us its proverbial curve balls!
Driving to Buck Creek Farm
DIRECTIONS FROM CHICAGO
It will take those driving close to 6 hours for the commute. Labor Day weekend traffic may increase drive-time. We’ve decided to commence the ceremony later in the day to accommodate those choosing to drive that morning. GPS signals can get easily lost in this region. We recommend printing driving directions in the event your device ceases to operate properly.
1. I-90 West to Madison. As you enter Monona before Madison proper, begin looking for signs for HWY 12/18.
2. Take HWY 18 West toward Dodgeville and to Fennimore.
3. HWY 18 turns left in Fennimore.
4. Continue on 18 to Prairie du Chien where it merges with HWY 35 North. Do not follow 18 over the river, stay on 35N.
5. Approximately 28 miles north to Buck Creek Rd. Turn right onto Buck Creek Rd. Approximately 1/4 mile to little red sign firestop number 59761 at the head of our dirt driveway.
6. The turn off of 35N. onto Buck Creek Rd is 1/4 mile from the big green sign on the right for HWY 171 to Gays Mills. If you make a right turn where there is a cement plant of the left and a stockyard on the right, but GPS tells you it is Buck Creek Rd, it is North Buck Creek Rd, which is not the road you want. That will take you out of your way. Go back, as you’ve missed Buck Creek Rd, which is the road before the one you turned onto. The river is across from our road.
7. If you end up on North Buck Creek Rd. and don’t turn back, it will end at the intersection of Buck Creek Rd where it becomes Boma Ridge Rd. Turn right onto Buck Creek Rd. You will come downhill about 2-3 miles and pass South Buck Creek Rd. We are the next dirt driveway on the left. Got that? There are 3 Buck Creek Roads: North, South, and us.
8. Call our house phone at 608-734-3579 if you need one of us to coach you through it.
DISTANCE DRIVING DIRECTIONS
DIRECTIONS FROM MADISON
Valet Parking & Group Transportation
There will be a strong police presence on the roads for the extended holiday weekend because of the local festivities that will involve alcohol consumption. Should you choose to drive, there will be attendants to assist in parking vehicles once you arrive to the farm. Look for the signs.
Should you not wish to drive, we are arranging a car service for people coming direct from La Crosse to Ferryville. If you are interested in taking advantage of this, please reach out to us as soon as you are able, and we can coordinate the schedule.